Tuesday 28 June 2011

Passage of Time ................

When I look back over the passage of time 
I see every mountain God asked me to climb 
The paths that my soul was e’er destined to tread 
Were ones which prepared me for days still ahead 
Each moment of hardship served to make me strong 
And left me more able to cope with each wrong
I know I am better than if I had seen 
A life when each minute was bright and pristine.





When I look back over the days of my youth 
I see all the moments when I learned the truth 
The gullible nature I knew as a childHad 
restrained my heart before I could run wild 
I realize each moment, 
by fading away 
Leads us toward the future 
and each sunny day 
My life is not perfect, 
but not lived in vain 
I have no regrets and I cannot complain.





When I look back over the years 
I have known 
From every challenge,
I realize I’ve grown 
I’ve conquered each burden 
I’ve been asked to swallow
 Along the set course God has asked me to follow
 Each moment of weakness 
served to pave the way 
To the understanding I have, 
on this day 
I may not have more than a nickel and dime 
Yet, my wealth exists in the passage of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment